Monday, April 30, 2012

MAY EVENTS:  BERLIN AND ESTONIA

Later this week I’ll be giving a talk in Berlin as part of the Apocalypse Now (And Then) festival. The week after, I’ll be in Tartu, Estonia, to give a talk as part of the Prima Vista literary festival

1/ BERLIN 

Apocalypse Now (And Then): The End of the World in Pop Culture (Thursday 3 May Saturday 5 May 2012)

My talk - “The Endless End, or, Better To Burn Out Than To Fade Away” - is at 7-30pm, Thursday 3 May. 

It is followed at 9pm by a discussion with myself, Jens Balzer, Falko McKenna and Tobias Rapp.

Apocalypse Now (And Then) is curated by Christoph Gurk and Tobias Rapp. Other festival participants include Greg Tate, Kodwo Eshun, Kode 9, The Caretaker, Diedrich Diederichsen,  Christina Striewski, Jens Balzer, Tracey Rose, Aethenor...

Location:  HAU 1 theatre, Stresemann Strasse 29. Hebbel am Ufer,  10963 Berlin

Telephone +49-(0)30-25900427 and website 

More information 


 2/ TARTU

Prima Vista literary festival (April-May)

I’ll be giving a talk about the concept of space in pop (and unpop) music

Date: Monday May 7th

Time: 4pm

Location: Conference Hall of the Tartu University Library, 1 W. Struve Street, Tartu 50091 

Admission: Free

More information

(The next day I’ll be heading on to Tallinn, and the day after that, making sure to rise at 5-AM so I can see what it looks like at dawn)

 

No comments: